Whether you look at motivating a team as an art or a science, you can agree that building, managing and motivating a great team are vital to the success of your business. A post on Entrepreneur.com claims its a bit of both.
As the writer points out all the hard work you put in is worth virtually nothing if you don’t have a quality team behind it, enforcing your plans, bringing your vision to fruition.
The article draws on research from numerous studies and provides 10 insights that you may find useful,
- Team building exercises can be successful.
- Some team building activities are better than others. The best ones make employees feel valued. Volunteering, physical activities, shared meals, field trips and professional development activities are best.
- To build great teams, you need non-work communication at times.
- Even star performers are often dependent on their team
- Remote teams can outperform local teams.
Find out more at: http://www.entrepreneur.com/article/234475